Cannabinoids are what make the cannabis plant so unique. There are over 100 known cannabinoids.
- Cannabinoids react with our body’s own endocannabinoid system.
- Cannabinoids bind to either the CB1 or CB2 receptors in our brains.
- The two most well-known cannabinoids are THC and CBD.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a psychoactive cannabinoid.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid.
- High-CBD products are an excellent option for people who don’t want to get high.
- CBD counteracts the psychoactivity of THC.
- THC and CBD—along with a number of other cannabinoids and terpenes—work together synergistically to treat illness. This is called the entourage effect.